about
policy
whois
register
mailing list
faq
queue status
contact us

Re: [FreeDNS] Registration restricted to organisations with a presence in South Africa.

Piotrek wrote:
> Registration restricted to organisations with a presence in South Africa.
>
> Why ??? There are many non-african organizations that have domain
> in za.net / za.org and there many private users that have it too. So why
> im getting this message ???

Although in the past there may have been no restrictions as to who can
register domains, we have found it necessary to place a restriction of
za.net and za.org registrations to organisations/individuals with a
South African presence.

Quoted from http://www.za.net/policy.html:

"10.Registration of a subdomain of .za.net and .za.org is restricted to
 individuals and organisations with a presence in South Africa. Valid
 South African contact details are required to support the registration.
 This will not affect any existing domains registered to parties outside
 South Africa."

Sharon
--
 ZA NiC Hostmaster                              http://www.za.net/