about
policy
whois
register
mailing list
faq
queue status
contact us

Re: [FreeDNS] Registration restricted to organisations with a presence in South Africa.

Piotrek on 2001-05-01 (Tue) at 22:51:48 +0200:

> Why ??? There are many non-african organizations that have domain
> in za.net / za.org and there many private users that have it too. So why
> im getting this message ???

I believe this new(-ish) restriction is due to the abuse of ZA NiC services
by some parties.  According to point 10 of the Policy Document, existing
domains will not be affected (hence the large number of non-South African
domains in za.net and za.org):

  http://www.za.net/policy.html

(Note:  I'm not officially affiliated with ZA NiC.)

-- V
FreeDNS                    ZA NiC - free domain names
freedns@xxxxxx    Archive: http://www.za.net/freedns/

©1998-2017 ZA NiC