about
policy
whois
register
mailing list
faq
queue status
contact us

Re: [FreeDNS] Name Resolution not working

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 03:17:38PM +0200, PreyCor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just had my domain registration approved for preycor.za.net, and had it
> all setup on my name servers, including my first host www.preycor.za.net.
>
> Name resolution is working if I use my own name servers, but not if I go
> through anywhere else.
>
> I presume that something has not processed properly, or have I misconfigured
> something?
>
> I appreciate your help and time,
>
> j-)

ns2.hypercache.net thinks it is the only name server for
preycor.za.net and it doesn't know about www.preycor.za.net.

dnspri.onepostal.com seems to be working properly, but the
serial number is smaller than the one for ns2.hypercache.net.

Update the serial number of the master server, and make sure the
slave can do AXFR transfers from the master.  Also make sure the
slave knows it's a slave.  Then "ndc reload" both of them.

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies

©1998-2017 ZA NiC